OUR OWN TRAINING INSTITUTE
Explora abides by the highest safety standards. 20 years of experience; no accidents. We run our training institute, Puerto Rico Rescue & Outdoors School (PROS). It works in collaboration with World-renowned organizations. Through PROS our guides are certified as first responders specialized in wilderness first aid, vertical rescue, swift water rescue and cave rescue by:
- National Outdoors and Leadership School
- National Association for Search & Rescue
- National Cave Rescue Commission of the National Speleological Society
- Always Ready 24-7
- American Heart Association
- among others
What is PROS?
Puerto Rico Rescue & Outdoors School is a training institute designed to create leaders who can provide quality experiences in adventure tours through guided educational travel into recreational areas and ecosystems. PROS is properly registered and incorporated into Puerto Rico’s Department of State.
- Throughout the program PROS provides workshops, services and educational tours in the environmental sciences with the purpose of becoming great nature interpreters; always following the international philosophy for protection of our environment: ‘Leave no trace’.
- Training in safety, search and rescue, following the highest national and international operational safety standards.
P.R.O.S. offers courses in environmental sciences, a curriculum of guided field hikes and nature interpretation courses of the various ecosystems and their dynamics, guided by:
- Department of Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Natural Science, University of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Department of Interior
- Department of Environmental and Natural Resources
- United States Geological Survey
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- National Cave Rescue Commission
P.R.O.S. assembles both locally and nationally recognized guides-interpreters and instructors who specialize in diverse areas of search and rescue operations, as well as educators of science geology, hydrology, biology, speleology and other relevant areas like meteorology and astronomy.
P.R.O.S. is a living vanguard institute that believes in hands on field based education. Our seminars consist of excellent presentations and experience based education. Class and workshop areas become the environment that surrounds us.
‘On demand’. Some search and rescue seminars, like Swift Water Rescue Technician I, will depend on the appropriate and safe weather conditions.