VIP Private Experience
Caving ∙ Body Rafting ∙ Hiking ∙ Climbing
Enjoy a true connection with untouched nature in a private reserve, an exclusive, protected wildlife sanctuary in the mountainous rainforest in Arecibo, with pristine caves, canyons and rivers fed by underground springs.
Hike through the jungle, visit a spectacular river cave and float downstream among huge canyons while enjoying body rafting™, a unique sport created by EXPLORA where you ride friendly and clear currents wearing life jacket and helmets.
The five hours exploring remarkable, off-the-beaten-path scenery takes place under the safe and friendly guidance of fully bilingual, certified nature interpreters who share their enormous passion for the ecosystems through a hands-on learning experience about the amazing geology the area’s geology, the ancient Atlantic Ocean’s floor.
The guides’ contagious enthusiasm will lead your discovery of the wildlife, listening to birds or bat watching, as well as exploring the homeland of the Taíno Indians through fascinating stories about their life and culture.
- State of the art gear. (life jackets, helmets, knee pads, first aid kits, dry bags, headlamps)
- Rest and relaxation at a small, traditional mountain cottage
- Knowledgeable guides, certified in wilderness first aid, vertical techniques, swift water rescue & cave rescue. The parent company abides the highest safety standards: unparallelled safety practices in the local industry
- Meals and drinks
∙ Water and hydration drinks for your expedition
∙ Lunch from our deli.
Medianoche: roast pork, ham, mustard, Swiss cheese, and dill pickles.
Boccatta gallega: Serrano ham, Swiss cheese, tomatoes and Spanish olive oil
Light Criollo: turkey or chicken, fresh tomatoes, Dijon mustard
Premium: tuna, Spanish olive oil, peppers, onions and tomatoes
∙ Sparkling wine, cold drinks, and chips after the expedition
VIP PRIVATE MULTIADVENTURE
Cost $220 pp, tax included
Gratuity is optional. It is not included.
Suggested meeting time time.
∙ 7:00 am
∙ 8:00 am
Meeting place: TBD At your convenience.
Questions? Please contact us 787 900 7755 • firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be getting wet, so we recommend cloth made of synthetic material.
· Top: comfortable top, lightweight & breathable made of synthetic quick dry material.
- light hiking pants
- ladies may wear bathing suit as a first layer, then 'leggings' or sports pants on top.
- gentlemen may wear swim trunks, also bike pants, light gym sports pant
· Sneakers, closed-toe outdoor shoes, light hiking boots.
· We don’t recommend Water shoes. Their soles are soft; they don't protect feet from rough terrain.
What to bring
· any personal medications if needed
· change of clothes, including shoes, and towel. That will remain at the private facilities.
· waterproof camera, optional
Duration of the activity
5 hours average
Number of participants
Minimum 2; maximum 20. If you have a special request for a private group larger than twenty participants, please contact us.
Level of difficulty
No previous experience necessary. You should be agile and enjoy the outdoors; requires a moderate level of physical exertion/fitness.
You do not need to know how to swim
You will wear a Coast Guard approved life jacket that will keep you afloat and safe.
For their own safety, pregnant women cannot participate, nor anyone who has undergone recent surgery, has back injuries, nor those with a serious heart, respiratory or neurologic condition, such as epilepsy.
Minimum standard age is 10 years old, but agile younger children (8 or 9) are welcome.
Explora abides by the highest safety standards. Our experts are constantly monitoring the location’s conditions through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the United States Geological Survey. In the event of inclement weather, the trip will be cancelled and you may re-schedule your Multiadventure or get a full refund.
Terms and conditions
• Prior to the trip, that morning, you must fill out EXPLORA MEDICAL FORM. You must be in good health to participate. For their own safety, pregnant women cannot participate, neither those participants who have had recent surgeries or have serious heart conditions, respiratory system conditions, or back injuries; epilepsy, etc. If you have any questions concerning your health, please call EXPLORA 787 900 7755.
• That morning, you must also sign EXPLORA'S WAIVER AND LIABILITY RELEASE FORM. Participants under 21 years old will need a legal guardian to sign EXPLORA'S WAIVER AND LIABILITY RELEASE FORM
• Cancellations made by participants within 24 hours prior to the Multiadventure will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total fee.